document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time for another Challenge!

Hello all you stampers out there! It's Saturday again and you know what that means. Another Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge. No. 22, to be exact. This week our insanely talented and creative Michele wants us to use eyelets on our cards. If you go to Michele's blog or Kimmie's Challenge Blog, you will see what I mean. Her creation for this challenge blew me away. How this girl comes up with these ideas, I don't know.

So come on girls, we all have them and in fact I know that some of us haven't used them in so long, we are finding them where we didn't know we had them. Actually I love eyelets, but for some reason I forget about them these days. There was a time when I put them on almost every card, but I think with the emergence of brads, I got lazy and now I reach for them all the time.

For my card, I used Gone Fishin', one of the many cute Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps created by the amazing Crissy Armstrong. I just love this. The image comes with the accessory stamp 'Gone Fishin', but I decided to use 'It's Your Day', from the Everyday Sentiments, also by Kraftin' Kimmie. I stitched the background DP onto the So Saffron card base, then stitched a strip of DP down the left side, coloured the image with my Copics and stitched it onto the DP. I added a Pinking Circle of So Saffron in the corner of the main layer, added some S.S. eyelets to the green strip and threaded some hemp twine through the eyelets and tied it. Then I stamped the sentiment on Bashful Blue and cut it out with my Modern Labels punch. I thought it would make a cute birthday card for a boy.

So go ahead girls, pull out those lonely eyelets and your Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and get inspired. First though, go to Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge Blog and check out what all the Krafty Girls have to inspire you. Then let's see what you have for us to ogle over by linking it to the Challenge Blog. If you put your creations on Splitcoast, be sure to put KKSC22 in your keywords so that we can all go and see them.

Have a great weekend, see you again soon.

Blessings,
Diana

4 comments:

  1. What a great use of those eyelets Diana! /i have zillions of them - I'm gonna use them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Diana!!!! Love the hemp twine and all your stitching!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana...This card SO gorgeous...LOVE the way you used the twine and your colouring is just beautiful!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the stitching and the way you used the pinked circles as the sun! Fantastic touch with the twine too!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...