Saturday, December 3, 2011

Embossing, Heat or Dry, take your pick!!

Hi everyone, I wish you a happy Saturday and a great weekend altogether. 

This week, I am the hostess for the challenge at Kraftin' Kimmies' and I would like you to use either heat embossing or dry embossing on your creations.  I love to heat emboss, but for this card I did some dry embossing.  I used the lovely Takara and her little dragon for my image.  I used some Basic Grey Ambrosia patterned papers.  I love the grey and oranges together.  As you can see, I embossed the 'sun' circle.  I used 'Musical Flourish' embossing folder.  My cardstock colours are Basic Grey and Tangerine Tango.  I also used some Basic Grey Taffeta ribbon.

So if you join in this week's challenge, which I hope you do, the stamp you will have a chance to win is Takara.  The challenge is open till next Friday, so you have a week to join in.  Be sure to link up your cards to Kraftin' Kimmies' Challenge Blog.

Also, just a reminder that Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is doing the Frugal Friday thing again and the stamps this week, all of which are 40-50% off, are Mr. Punkinhead, Rudy the Reindeer, Billy Blyth (the pirate), Speedy the Turtle, Roxy and You Are A Treat.

Happy Stamping,
Diana








7 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, i love the color combo and this image is so cool...tfs
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those papers are the perfect compliment to your image Diana and I love how you embossed the circle for the sun, awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Diana! Your colour choices are perfect for the asian feel:) As well as the embossing folder! I haven't inked Takara up yet, but you have me itching!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is simply stunning Diana! Totally love this rich gorgeous make - and it's not just because I'm half Chinese!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Diana! I love your choice of papers with this image! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card and your decorative paper is simply fabulous! The color scheme is great and a perfect layout. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Diana! Your papers are a perfect match! The colors are so rich and beautiful!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete