document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Challenge #31. Rough it up!!


This week, our hostess for the challenge is Krista and she wants us to 'rough it up' on our cards, distress on them or whatever you think it means to rough it up!! I don't do much distressing on my cards, but it's mostly because I'm too lazy and the fact that I don't like making a mess. Ask my daughter!! In fact, I made this card yesterday while staying at her house and I even went outside in the heat and distressed my pieces of paper because I don't like all that stuff going on the floor and on me.

Anyway, for this one, I used Henri from the Tea Party release. I think he's so dapper and cute and I always need masculine cards. As usual when I'm at Kim's, I scrounged some of her D.P. and I don't know what it's called. I love the shades in it though and I was able to put Crushed Curry and Elegant Eggplant together. I really like the combination. I coloured Henri with my Copics as always, put him on some of both the colours, then I distressed some of the D.P., placed the striped one on some distressed Crushed Curry, then put it on a card base of Elegant Eggplant. I put a strip of the flowery paper down the left side, added some polka dot ribbon and then put the sentiment on another piece of the matching paper.

If you use your Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, you will be entered to win the Perfect Poison stamp, which is the one Krista used on her fabulous card. Go to the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Blog to link up your creations and don't forget that if you put your cards on somewhere like Splitcoast, use KKSC31 in your keywords, so we can easily find you.

So have fun distressing (your cards, not you) and we can all check them out.

May you have a blessed weekend,

Diana

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!! I love that dp. I must try to find it - purple and gold are the school colors of the high school I work at and my daughter attends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane! It seems absolutely ages since I last visited you! Been so very, very, very busy! Managed to make a card at last tonight!

    I love this fella - those colours are brilliant - would never have thought of using purple for a guy card but it really works! I don't do distressing much so will try this - if I can find the time, lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...