Thursday, October 22, 2009

Simply Get Well


Hi everyone! Well, I did say I might be back before Saturday and I am! It's been another busy day, but I took the time to make a card to send to my daughter-in-laws' father, who has suffered a stroke a few days ago. My son and family were heading up to Toronto this evening to spend the weekend visiting and taking care of him at the hospital. I wanted to send this card with them, but they left early and I missed them, so I guess I'll have to send it to him!!

Anyway, since I was trying to get it to them before they left, I kept it fairly simple this time. In fact it's been a long time since I made a card like this and it seemed strange. I mean, no colouring, what's with that?!! It was fun though and it was nice to find I can still do a quick one if I need to.

I used a Stampin' Up set called All Natural and inked off the background squares on some vanilla (it took me a minute to remember that I had to do that to make the green lighter so it wouldn't overpower the leaves, duh...), then I stamped the leaf three times on top of the squares. I matted it on Chocolate Chip, which I also used for the card base. I used vanilla for the background, having run it through my embossing folder (can't remember the name, is it script? Who can tell me?), then I put a strip of fallish looking patterned paper (nope, don't know what it is either) on one side, backed with some garden green, then I put the sentiment, which is from CC Designs, on a piece of punched vanilla and punched a bigger oval in Garden Green.
To finish it and make it nice and manly, I used some hemp twine across the front.

Well, that's it. I managed to make a simple card sound very complicated, I think!! Now don't forget to check back on Saturday to see what challenge Kraftin' Kimmie has for you to have fun with.

Happy stamping everyone,
Back on Saturday,
Diana

1 comment:

  1. Simple cards are the most beautiful....love it Diana and i hope you have a GREAT weekend sorry to hear about the stroke someone else to add to my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete