document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge 80! Hand Sewing!!


Well, Hello to all you guys and gals out there! I think I have to start saying guys as I keep hearing of more and more of you who are into cardmaking. We really should not leave you out!! If you are a guy, I would love to check out your work, so please leave a comment so I can find you.

O.K., so this week our fabby Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge hostess is Carole Burrage. Carole has just very recently joined our crazy team and we're thrilled to have her. Welcome again, Carole!!! I know she is going to be a perfect fit since from what I can see, she is as crazy as the rest of us and that's a good thing. In fact I think it's a requirement!!

Now, Carole has asked us to use some hand stitching on our cards. I think that's an awesome challenge, but since I'm the senior member of this group, I'm from the era when a lot of us sewed. I did have a few ideas, but I'm afraid I've only found time to use one this week. For my card, I used the adorable Krista (named for our own uber talented Krista Vantol). I picked this image as I thought it would be fun to sew the strings on the tennis racquet and I was right. I'm afraid the sewing doesn' t show up as much as I would have liked, but I wanted to stay with the neutral colours of racquet strings. Here is a close-up of the racquet.


As always, I coloured Krista with my trusty Copics, then of course I did the sewing. I cut out the image layer using Curved Rectangle Nesties. I then sponged around the outside before I took the image out of the frame. Once again I don't know the name of the patterned paper! My DD and I often buy packages and split them and I only recently got smart enough to write down the name of the papers and keep it with them!! I added some Certainly Celery Ribbon across the middle and a couple of pearl flourishes in the top and bottom corners. I also put a couple of matching Prima flowers in the top left corner with some Baja Breeze corduroy button brads and I stamped 'Life is a Ball' and punched it out using Baja Breeze cardstock to match the B. Breeze card base.

So that's it. I am dying to see what you gals and guys are going to come up with. I'm sure you will have much more creative ideas than mine. Don't forget that some lucky person is going to win Roxy, which is the stamp Carole is using!! Roxy is the roller blader and she comes with the sentiments "Just Roll With It" and 'That's Just How I Roll!" You can find this image and many more at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

Have a fabulous weekend and I hope you can find a few minutes to stamp or colour something!!

Blessings,
Diana

5 comments:

  1. Oh Diana...that was pure genius to sew the raquet strings! Your card is fabulous and I love the fresh colour scheme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you the creative one!! LOVE what you've done with the racquet and the rest of the card is gorgeous as well!! You know, you're makin' me look bad with my measly little x trio!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stitched racquet is amazing!! I love yoru pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is such a pretty card, Diana! I LOVE your creative stitching...I would have never thought to stitch the strings on her rackert....LOVE it! Love all the pretty details and Krsita looks gorgeous...beautifully coloured!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, at first glance I was looking for the stitching then I saw the second picture and was astonished to say the least at how creative you are with your stitching. Your card is original and beyond beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...