document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #136 Use your favourite Kraftin' Kimmie stamp!

Well, hi and Happy Saturday to all of you stamping fiends out there.  For all of our friends in the States and Canada, we hope you are coping with this crazy intense heat.  It's so hot and humid it's scary.  I feel so very sorry for those folks who are without power etc.  It must be just horrific for them.

Well, as the title says, this week our challenge is to use our favourite Kraftin' Kimmie stamp.  Well, to be honest, I have quite a few favourites, so it's hard to choose.  I decided to pick my current favourite masculine stamps, which is Captain Hook from the latest Kraftin' Kimmie Release.  I couldn't wait to colour him.  I had already made a card with Smee, which I also love, but this Hook character looks so intense and so real, I wanted to use him.  I used my own layout, the papers are 'The Tradewinds' by DCWV.  I just cut pieces in different shapes and sizes and arranged them after matting them with some River Rock and some retired True Thyme cardstock.  The card base is made from the new S.U. cardstock Cajun Craze, so is the frame around the main image.  I added some linen thread, attached an anchor charm and the sentiment 'Ya Scalliwag', which comes with Captain Hook along with the other sentiment 'I'm Hooked On You'!

Now I have to mention that Kraftin' Kimmie is now back in full swing with the store and all the stamps are now available again after 2 months of living in a temporary home and it being impossible to take everything with her.  To celebrate being back at full tilt, Kimmie is having an amazing huge sale.  EVERYTHING in the store is on sale including the new release and all the goodies are 10-50% off.  Wow, now that's a sale.

Also to celebrate, Kimmie is inviting you to apply to be a guest designer for her if you are interested.  Woo Hoo, who wants to give it a try.  The details will be on Kimmie's Challenge Blog.  Be sure to check it out, we know there are a LOT of you out there who do fantastic work and we would be proud to have you.

Have a wonderful Kraftin' weekend.

Blessings to all,
Diana

1 comment:

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...