document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Challenge 72! It's a Stripey Kind of Day!!

Good morning everyone and I sincerely hope it is a good one for you! By the time you read this, I will be on my way to Florida. Yippee!! Vacation time and I'm ready for it. Mostly I'm ready to get away from this cold and still wintry weather. I can't believe we still have snow on the ground here in S.W. Ontario!!

Okay, so our dear, delightful and Divine Donna, (I mean it, look at her work) has challenged us to use stripes on our card someway, somehow! Not too difficult, right? I mean, we can come up with some kind of stripes, whether it's in our patterned paper, in our ribbon or other embellies. I'm sure folks will come up with much more original ideas than mine. Anyway, make sure you participate and link your creation up to Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge Blog and you could be the lucky random winner of the stamp Donna is using this week. I'm not sure what it is, but you will be able to see it by the time you read this.

I used Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp Richie for my card and I paper pieced his outfit using stripey paper for his pants and some matching paper for his jacket. The papers I used are from Basic Grey and are called Max and Whiskers. I used some yummy new Early Espresso cardstock for the card base and I used the same brown for the outer frame of the image layer. The inside layer is Tangerine Tango, which I am finding works with a lot of my papers and the other cardstock is Baja Breeze, another 'go to' colour I don't know what I'd do without!! It is a fairly simple layout and I just added two dark brown buttons on the upper right and the sentiment 'You're Nifty' punched out with a tag punch, also in T. Tango. Richie was of course coloured with my trusty Copics and that's it. Finished.

Now we would like to see what you have for us. I'm sure you will inspire us as always. Anyway, it's an excuse to make another card, right? As if we need one. I'm really looking forward to getting away, but what am I going to do without making cards? Oh well, I'll have to survive and pine away in the Florida sunshine instead, ha ha!!

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you have some lovely sunny weather where you are.

Blessings,
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...