document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hydrangea Sympathy


Good morning everyone, I do hope you are having a good day. Right now, my dear daughter, Kraftin' Kimmie should have landed in Chicago along with our design teams' Andrea and they will be meeting up with Jeanne Streiff, another Krafty Girl from Texas. They are going to CHA. It will be the first time for Kimmie and Andrea to meet Jeanne in person, although they do a whole lot of chatting online. Kim was so excited, I hope they all have a great time, I'm sure they will.

Well, this morning, I am posting a card I made yesterday to send to my Uncle in England as my dear Aunt passed away last week. These are sure not my favourite cards to make, I'd much rather be playing with my Kraftin' Kimmie stamps. I have lost two aunts and an uncle in the last couple of months, so I hope the trend stops for quite a while.

For this card, I used the Hydrangea stamp from Stampin' Ups' Flower Garden. I coloured it with my Copics to match the Almost Amethyst cardstock I wanted to use. I cut the image out with one of my Labels Four Nestabilities, then cut one size larger in Almost Amethyst. I then cut out a border along each side of a piece of cardstock. (I planned to use some lovely twill ribbon Kimmie had given me, but I could not find it. It's in this room somewhere, grrrr!) I placed the border piece across the front, behind the image layer, added the sentiment and then some Prima Hydrangea flowers. I matted this all onto some more A. Amethyst, then onto the card base of Whisper White. The toughest part of all this was writing the inside.

Well, I hope you all have a great day and happy stamping.

Blessings,
Diana

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diana - so sorry to hear about your recent losses and I hope your Uncle is bearing up ok. I think he will really appreciate your beautiful card which is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the hardest cards to make, aren't they? But it is so beautiful....LOVE that border! You're going to have to share where you picked that one up!! heehee!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...