document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Surfing Miles


Hi there, I'm actually posting in the week again. I made a Father's Day card for my hubby and I decided to use Surfing Miles because he's so cute and I love playing with these guys. (It does say 'Happy Father's Day' on the inside). This time I decided to be really crazy and I coloured Miles mauve. I was getting a bit tired of browns and greys and besides, lots of the cartoon characters you see on TV are weird colours. Besides, then he matched the papers!! That's my excuse anyway.

Once again I used my 'A Day at the Beach' patterned papers, which I'm using as much as I can as summer will soon be over, then I'll have to put them away again. I used the sentiment 'Make a Splash' from the Mermaid Sentiments, which come with the Mermaid Kit, which is now on sale at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps for 20% off the regular price. A great deal, I might add. I punched out the sentiment layer using my Double Ended Tags Nesties, which worked perfectly. I attached it using matching purple brads. It's a simple card, but that's what's great about these Miles images. You can make an A2 size simple card with them, or you can gussy them up on a 6 x 6 and use more embellies etc.

Well, that's it for me for today, lots of non-crafty stuff to do around the house, yuck!!

Have a blessed day,
Diana

2 comments:

  1. Hello Diana! That little mouse is sooo sweet and the colour combination is zesty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww! That's adorable, Mom! I bet Dad loved it! Miles looks awesome in lilac! Heehee!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...