document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Kraftin Kimmie's Feb. Release Preview Three!



Well, here we are again, back with day 3 of Kraftin' Kimmie previews. I'm having so much fun working with these great images. Today I am showing you Alicia, the Stawberry Pirate. Doesn't she look just tough and cute at the same time? She was so much fun to colour too with her patchwork skirt. As I think I mentioned yesterday, Kraftin' Kimmie has a gorgeous 5 x 7 print of Alicia to give away to a random customer who places an order on Sunday, which of course is Release Day, or on Monday. I've seen the print and it's awesome!!


Now today also starts Kraftin' Kimmie's Blog Challenge for the next week and our hostess for this week is the amazingly talented (and I'm not exaggerating) Melanie. She wants us to 'Stash the Booty'. That is to have a hidden compartment on our card somewhere. Now, I'm not sure if I'm breaking the rules, but I have to confess that when I was making today's card, I hadn't even thought about the challenge. The result was that I have nowhere left on the front of my card to hide anything!! What a goof!! So I decided I had to do something on the inside.


Well, back to the front first. I coloured Alicia with my Copics (I love being able to say that!) and punched her out with my Curved Rectangle Nesties. My dear daughter Kimmie gave me a couple of Versa Magic Chalk Inks for Christmas, so I got brave and tried to sponge around Alicia. Well, let's just say I need a lot of practice. I'm sure you can see where I boo-booed!! Anyway, I happened to have some really cute strawberry DP by K and Company (Berry Sweet), so I used that. The other strip is the reverse side of the paper. I embossed the Barely Banana rectangle with my EF. I forget what the bubbly folder is called as I threw the card away!!

I used some lovely twill type ribbon, which happens to perfectly match the Marvelous Magenta paper, which I still have lots of from before it was discontinued by S.U. I added some matching flowers and stamped 'It's Yarr Birthday' which is one of the Pirate Sentiments which you will see on Release Day.



Well, for the inside I stamped 'May Your Grog Be Bountiful' on a piece of Barely Banana which I had cut to fit inside the little envelope I made using the same DP as on the front. I also coloured and cut out the little barrel, which is actually called 'Polly's Rum' and is the accessory stamp for one of the other images!! I put a piece of Marvelous Magenta behind the envelope, having cut it out with my Scalloped Rectangle Nesties. Phew, I hope that was legal!! Do you think our fearless leader, who is also my DD will fire me? Hope not!!


O.K, that's it for today, make sure you come back tomorrow for our Release Day cards and awesome blog hop!!


May God Bless you all and grant you a safe and wonderful weekend.


Diana


3 comments:

  1. Love it! What a clever idea to have it inside the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana...This card is just SO gorgeous and I LOVE the way you hid the sentiment inside!! Absolutely beautiful work!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the strawberry paper to match Alicia the Strawberry Pirate. The inside is a great idea. Love the whole creation.

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...