Sunday, November 8, 2009

Engagement Card


Happy Sunday afternoon everyone! It's a gorgeous day here in S.W. Ontario and I should be out cleaning up my garden, but I'm not!!

This is just a simple card I put together this afternoon for a very dear young couple who just got engaged. I pulled out an old Stampin' Up set that I haven't used for a long time, but I do like it. I just don't make a whole lot of engagement or wedding cards. For this I was able to stick with my Whisper White cardstock instead of my watercolour paper as I didn't have to colour this one. That doesn't happen too often any more. I used my hearts EF for the main layer and matted it onto some silver paper, which I love using, but I'm very cheap with it as it's hard to find. The base is also Whisper White.

I stamped the image in Versamark and then heat embossed it with silver detail embossing powder. I matted it also on silver paper. I put silver ribbon with a bow across the front and used a couple of heart brads below. Oh, and I put a clear gemstone on one of the engagement rings. I saw that on another card somewhere, sorry I don't remember where.
Well, it's time to get ready to go and watch our grandson play hockey! I sure wish ice arenas were warmer, at least warmer than this one is!!
Blessings to you all,
Diana


5 comments:

  1. Oh really lovely Diana! So clean and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ribbon and those heart brads! so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, and I love the two hearts. There is something so clean looking when using embossed white cardstock.

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful, I love the folder, the colors are perfect! Great work. Hugs Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an eleagant card Diana! Just so clean and lovely!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete