document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Out of the Box with Kraftin' Kimmie!

Well, can you believe we are into August already?  Wow, where has the summer gone?  It sure does feel like August though, it was crazy hot here in South West Ontario today. 

Well, this week our Krafty Hostess is the uber talented and sweet Kerry.  She is challenging us to use the 'Out of the Box' technique.  I must say I was scared to death about doing this one and nearly declined, but on watching one of the online tutorials, I realized it was no big deal after all.  Mind you, if you stick with a simple one like I did, there is nothing to it at all.  Now I've done it once I may try something a little more challenging next time.

I inked up the Mad Hatter from Kraftin' Kimmie's 'Alice in Wonderland' set.  I have been wanting to colour him for ages and had never got to it before.  It was great fun to work with.  Also I seem to be always needing a masculine card and not having one, so this one will work perfectly.  I have 2 crazy brothers and either of them would appreciate this card.  We all have our Dad's weird sense of humour.

Anyway, I kept the card simple, especially as I wanted to show the main background paper, which is perfect for this stamp.  Do you see the tea set down in the corner?  Even the little teapot charm is similar to the one in the papers.  I used the out of the box technique to leave the mad hatter's top hat outside of the frame.  I used chalk ink around the outside of the main image to frame it.  The pieces of blue and green patterned papers are matted onto vanilla, the same as the card base, although it's hard to see in this picture.  I added a couple of brown buttons and the sentiment 'We're all mad here!'  I love that.

So check out Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge Blog to see which of the other Krafty Girls has a card for you to see, then show us your own creations.  Have fun stamping,

Diana

6 comments:

  1. Well, how fun is that image?!?! Perfect image to show off the out of the box technique! Love the sponging around the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee....your card is perfect, Diana!!! I love those awesome papers and the way you've colored Mr Mad Hatter! And way to go conquering your fears about the techinque! Awesome job with your inking around the edge!! Love it!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Diana! Perfect layout and colours with that mad hatter and you have done a great job with the technique! Nothing to be scared of at all :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Diana - hope life is treating you well!

    What a fab card, gorgeous papers and love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana this is wonderful! Great colors and I love the new look of your blog! Glad to have you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Diana!! Love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...