document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, May 15, 2010

No Card Today!! No, really! Challenge #29 and Preview #3


Well, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend ladies! I have just spent the last few days with my dear daughter, Kraftin' Kimmie herself. We spent time cutting and packaging stamps and also creating together, our Copics sitting on the table side by side. It was great fun. Well, I'm not sure Kimmie thinks so because I don't know where her stuff is and since I was scrounging from her, she kept having to run upstairs and find what I wanted. I did try to go up and get things myself a few times, but often couldn't find them. (She does have a lot of stuff!!!) We did get lots of exercise though.

Anyway, to get to the challenge. As the title suggests, we were asked to make anything but a card! Let me tell ya, I almost choked on this one as I am not very creative and I very rarely make anything but a card. However, Kimmie had some oval coasters, so I decided to run with that and make a gift tag or something. Once I started to make it, it dawned on me that I could put it on a bottle of sunscreen and make that the gift. Then, I have to confess that it was smartypants Kimmie who said "You could use the 'Pass the Sunscreen' sentiment on it. Darn it, I wish I could say I had thought of it first!!! Anyway, I was happy with it. It was perfect! The sentiment, I mean.

So your mission, if you decide to accept it, is to make anything but a card with your Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. Our hostess this week is the super talented Elaine, and I believe that the image she is using from the New Release is Florence, so if you are the randomly chosen winner, you will win that stamp. Hope you have fun creating, maybe you can show us something that I can umm... borrow!!

Anyway, for my little tag, I used sweet and sassy Mae, don't you just love her sun hat. I coloured her with my Copics and I put a bit of texture on her hat by dotting it all over with a couple of shades darker than the base. I paper pieced her dress and I sponged some clouds around her and sponged in some sand as well. The sentiment is from the new Beach Sentiments Set, which will also debut tomorrow along with all the other images you are seeing in the previews. I put an eyelet at the top and threaded some yummy red ribbon through it.

Make sure you come back tomorrow for our Krafty Hop, when you will see more creations with the images and if you leave comments on our blogs, you will have the opportunity to win some Kraftin' Kimmie Blog Candy from the new release no less!

Oh, and also make sure you visit all the blogs of the other Krafty Girls and see what they came up with for this week's challenge.

'See' you tomorrow for our Krafty Hop.

Diana


2 comments:

  1. Your clouds are amazing!!!! I wish I g=had oyur talent!! Very cute gift idea (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super dee duper, Mom!! Now...I told you you could do it!!! You need to listen to me....I'm smart...just like my Momma!

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...