document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, February 8, 2010

Kimmie's Birthday Card


Hi to all you crafty ladies, I'm posting on here today as I have a card I made for my darling daughter Kimmie last week and of course wasn't able to post it until I gave it to her on her birthday. As some of you may know, I drove to her house on her birthday to surprise her by having dinner cooked and ready when she came home from work. I made all her favourite things like roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. Plus some veggies, but she wasn't as excited about those. It all worked out well and she was surprised, especially as Emi and I left my car on the next street so she wouldn't see it. Anyway, I stayed on until Saturday to help her with cutting and packaging stamps. I had planned to go there and do that the following day anyway, so it just gave us an extra day. Lots of fun!!
I used Gift Emmylou as my image as for one thing, she is perfect for a birthday and also because Emmylou is so named for our Emileigh, whom we nickname Emmylou. I used my wonderful new Copic markers, this was the first card I have used them on and Kim thinks I did not too badly for a beginner, so I'm happy about that. I can't remember the name of the papers I used as I've had them in my stash for a long time. I used my own simple layout , put some yellow and orchid GG ribbon across, added a flower combo and stamped 'Happy Birthday' from Kimmie's Everyday Sentiments.
This week all we Krafty Girls are working on preview cards for Kimmie's February Release, so be sure to check back onto our blogs, the first creations will be here on Thursday. I do have to say, I love them all and I'm sure you will too. Hope your Monday is a good one. Back later,
Blessings,
Diana

3 comments:

  1. Diana, I think you did a super job with the Copics - look at those rosy cheeks! That Kimmi is a lucky lady to receive it! Looking forward to the new release too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally gorgeous Diana...I bet Kimmie LOVED it!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hop Day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

    Woohoo!!! Today we are celebrating all the new fabulous goodies in our November Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' Ki...